TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Adrian professional decorator

(Adrian) #1

Hi Guys (and girls?)

Just thought I would say HI :slight_smile:

Some interesting posts on this forum, look forward to adding to them.

Hope 2013 is a good year for you all.

(Andy Crichton) #2

Happy New Year Adrian. Look forward to hearing your tips and tricks. You are welcome to add a post about your calculators in the appropriate part of the forum. They are useful for DIY readers or a double checker for pros.

(Adrian) #3

Hi Andy,

Happy New Year to you also, I will try and think of some good DIY tips for this forum, and thanks for the offer of the links to the calculators, I will add a post about them soon.

(Chosesjoliespetites) #4

Hi Adrian,Hi to you too, im new on here also so i look forward to reading any tips, tricks etc x

(Steve Waterhouse) #5

Hi all, been on the outside looking in for a while so thought i would make it official
quick sp, been decorating since leaving school in…wait for it 1972, went self-employed in 84, trained an apprentice who stayed with me for 6 yrs have a large client base which keeps me busy …bit long in the tooth now to chase work it comes to me ( sounds big headed not meant to be ) have done a fair few kitchen/bedroom furniture painting for a major player all over uk + 1 of the fitters who has his own company keeps me supplied not the best at putting things in writing but i will post, there i think that’s enough for now

(Andy Crichton) #6

Hi Steve

thanks for making your entrance, you have a lot in that painters head to share, I bet :slight_smile:

Which part of the world are you based?

(Adrian) #7

[quote]Quote from Allthingsvintage on January 8, 2013, 14:10
Hi Adrian,Hi to you too, im new on here also so i look forward to reading any tips, tricks etc x[/quote]

You’ll find loads of helpful tips here I’m sure, I’ll be adding to them :slight_smile:

(Adrian) #8

[quote]Quote from Steve Waterhouse on January 8, 2013, 21:14
Hi all, been on the outside looking in for a while so thought i would make it official
quick sp, been decorating since leaving school in…wait for it 1972, went self-employed in 84, trained an apprentice who stayed with me for 6 yrs have a large client base which keeps me busy …bit long in the tooth now to chase work it comes to me ( sounds big headed not meant to be ) have done a fair few kitchen/bedroom furniture painting for a major player all over uk + 1 of the fitters who has his own company keeps me supplied not the best at putting things in writing but i will post, there i think that’s enough for now
[/quote]

Hi Steve,

Bet you have seen a few changes in that time, I have 20 years under my belt and seen a few changes.

(Steve Waterhouse) #9

[quote]Quote from Andy Crichton on January 9, 2013, 00:35
Hi Steve

thanks for making your entrance, you have a lot in that painters head to share, I bet :slight_smile:

Which part of the world are you based?[/quote]

Cheers Andy i’m in Whaley Bridge High Peak, i have a few nuggets to release the trouble is with the new breeds of paint a lot of what I’ve learned is now near useless, its only experience that’s got me through the last 12 months & the love of the job…think i’ll give it a few more years “old painters never die …they just fade away”

(Steve Waterhouse) #10

Hi Adrian.

Yep the biggest change is over writing common sense with rules & regulations :wink:

(Andy Crichton) #11

Nice part of the world to fade and die in! So what paints or materials have you struggled with most would you say over the past year?

Steve’s reply moved to start new thread

(Adrian) #12

[quote]Quote from Steve Waterhouse on January 9, 2013, 23:25
Hi Adrian.

Yep the biggest change is over writing common sense with rules & regulations :wink:
[/quote]

I’m with you on that one! :slight_smile: