TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Anyone Used Osmo Wood Putty for Floors ... or similar?

(Amateurhour64) #1

One large lounge floor hand scrapped (twice!) and sanded & Osmo Raw treated…fantastic result if a new set of knees and lower back needed.

Anyway in true decorating tradition, I forgot how painful it was and we are now halfway through doing a lengthy hall floor in same wood and finish. However being a hall the war damage is a little worse … especially where the planks meet.

I think it needs a little filling but don’t want to use a coloured filler … a clear (almost epoxy resin) type product would be ideal I’d think. As mentioned, the final finish will be Osmo Raw.

I saw this on the Osmo web site but have no experience and wandered if any of you have used…or anything similar?

If I read correctly, it’s clear and is designed to fill small gaps / cracks. I’ve dropped the product link in here as well.

http://www.osmouk.com/sitechaptern.cfm?bookid=Products&chapter=64&page=376#WoodPutty

Now that said, the tech sheet says ‘not for joints in sprung or plankwood flooring’. Our floor is on old 1920’s floor boards (solid ones) and then joists which I think means sprung. And it is very thick engineered Oak…think 6 or 8mm top veneer. So maybe it’s not the one. But the floor is rock solid and been in position for a good 25 years and took all sorts of abuse.

Would be great to hear if you have used this or if there is something else out there that I should be looking towards. Many thanks in advance

(darlic) #2

The last job i done was parquet flooring mixed the sawdust with glue worked really well ,hope that helps my friend.

(Amateurhour64) #3

Thanks for the suggestion Jason. What glue did you use out of interest? Will have plenty of sawdust once I’ve Rotex’ed the floor! :slight_smile:

(darlic) #4

your asking a question i think pva,