TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

(darrenslaughter) #1

OK, so this is where I get to help you guys as much as possible. Post an SEO/Marketing/Site question here and I will get you the best possible answer. Try to be as generic as possible so that it can help others…

(Fresh) #2

Hi Darren

How do you improve your Google places ranking in the local search listings?

James

(darrenslaughter) #3

Hi James…First, have a complete listing, all information filled out. Second, don’t use a PMB, or private mailbox service such as The UPS Store. Lastly, don’t expect to rank for any area outside the city you list as your primary location. And lastly, and there isn’t much you can do about this one…if you select the “I go to clients or customers” tab, Google really hates you for it and won’t optimize you.

Now, with that said, there are hundreds of tiny things that go into algo ranking. These are just the big ones that effect most people’s listings.

Hope that helped James!

(Fresh) #4

Thanks Darren

On checking my listing (which I thought was complete it showed only 87%,made some adjustments and now have to await a new card from Google to verify. Do you have to have a video to complete the information do you know?

Also I imagine most of my competitors would have checked the same tab so we would be in the same boat no? Are you saying I should perhaps have my clients come to me? :wink: