Whilst painting some woodwork this afternoon using a Prodec X7 brush and Zinsser Perma White it got me thinking about all the kit I used in 2014 and will continue to do so this year as a result of being a regular reader of posts on the TP forum.
Here’s my top 15 list of products I was introduced to in 2014 via the TP forum (in no particular order):
- Festool Extraction/Sanding Kit
- Olfa knife and black blades
- Kovrd bags for storing paint trays/rollers/brushes/kettles
- Tesa masking tapes
- Trollull Glass Cleaners
- Krud Kutter Original
- Plastic paint brush/roller covers
- Abranet and Mirka Gold sanding pads
- Trimaco Dust Sheets
- Packexe Protection Film
- Toupret TX110 Filler
- Brushes - Fox (Red and Silver), Corona (Kingston & Cody Red), Prodec X7, Royal & Langnickel
- Paints - Zinsser (Coverstain & Perma White Satin), Tikkurila (Miranol), Sikkens (Satura BL)
- Axus & Fox mini rollers
- 3M Hand Masker
I’m sure I’ve missed a few but these were the main ones that came to mind. They have all made a huge difference to productivity and quality of finish.
On my list of materials and equipment to buy in 2015 are:
Paints from Mylands (primer and satin), Classidur (Universal Xtreme Primer), Helmi/Feelings (Satin), Tikkurila Empire, Tikkurila Otex.
Laser level (lining/wallpaper hanging)
Would be interesting to hear what other members have tried/liked in 2014 and what they have on their shopping lists for 2015.