TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Crown trade and next generation gloss

(darlic) #1

Why crown is never mentioned on this site suprices me,great paint at a reasonable cost,maybe once it wasn’t so good but now,things are different,the stuff BQ sells is a fraction off the powder you buy from a decorators merchant
the next generation gloss really is nice,but time will tell on how long the doors stay pristine white,but confident they will,in my opinion its a paint i would recommend to customers,if they don’t wont to spend to much money. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(Andy Crichton) #2

It is wrong for me to generalise, but within reason, with paint, you do seem to get what you pay for. Glosses like Sikkens XD and AZ or Miranol aren’t expensive “just because”.

Also what you need to look out for is whether a paint is proven. So much has been reformulated radically, and has no track record.

Never used the Crown paint, if there is a review over time, who knows, it may be a champ.

Manor Coatings oil based gloss and undercoat are at the competitive end and reports are that they are still good ole oil paint.

(darlic) #3

On my next job i will give this a try is manor coatings number 01274 587351,is that the company?Manor coatings systems.

(Andy Crichton) #4

Contact Holmans unless you are going to stock Manor Coatings!