TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

DIY Hand painted kitchen Berkshire - photos!

(wrenbird) #1

Well it’s been a long haul, and some 4 months later I can reveal the finished article before we move on to Phase 2 - painting the remodelled utility room to match in the New Year. As advised I switched plans to use LG oil eggshell and instead used Tikkurila Feelings, tinted to LG Celestial Blue. Could not have coped with oil smell for the length of time it took in the end. Interiors of units and open oak shelves treated with Osmo Polyx Raw - another fantastic product. Selection of brushes - Purdeys (I even wore the T shirt!) and the Langnickel ones. Best bit of kit probably the Abranet starter kit. Anyway - will load up the pics now. Thanks to all who helped with suggestions months ago …

(wrenbird) #2

These aren’t the best pics, anyone know how I add more?

(Andy Crichton) #3

[quote]Quote from wrenbird on December 10, 2013, 21:48
These aren’t the best pics, anyone know how I add more?
[/quote]

Hit Reply and either drag and drop photos into the editor window or use the upload arrow button in the editor window.

Congratulations btw for persevering. Its looking grand :slight_smile: Handles and hinges really set off.

How did you find the Tikkurila paint to work with and coverage?

(wrenbird) #4

Ha, here we are. Paint was great, I was rolling and tipping and OK providing I was doing a quick piece such as a door but large sections of frames were a real pain as I found I was not quick enough to maintain wet edges. Tall fridge door and back of peninsular ditto. But I am still really pleased with the results.

More pics available but don’t want to overdo it :smiley:

(wrenbird) #6

These are better.

(Andy Crichton) #7

If the spec was followed to the letter, that paintwork isn’t going anywhere soon. Enjoy it, it is a great colour combination, and when you do another one, you can focus on improving the finish. The good thing is you can see where you could do better. You can always titivate it later to bring parts of it forward to how you would like.

Stick with water as an additive with Feelings. If the paint is going off too quick on panels, wipe the surface with a damp rag

(Paints and Interiors) #8

Kitchen looks great nice work - and i agree lovely colour and use of the Osmo Raw.

(wrenbird) #9

[quote]Quote from Paints and Interiors on December 12, 2013, 13:54
Kitchen looks great nice work - and i agree lovely colour and use of the Osmo Raw.

[/quote]

A bit late I know but just to show the best use of the Polyx Raw, instead of a built in dresser as we had previously we followed advice to do a freestanding one and finished in the Polyx. It is lovely, what a finish for comparatively little effort!!

(Andy Crichton) #10

Thanks for posting the picture. Have you got your eye on any other projects, you have the bit between your teeth now.