TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Front door to paint

(darlic) #1

Do i go for the sikens or mironal,still not sure,whats the best way to strip this,chemical or heat gun,and the best sandpaper,filler for this project,as for brushs recomendations please,i will use oil based paint conditioner,whats the best,last but least is there any tools tips tricks that could be suggested,all help much appreciated :slight_smile: . :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(Andy Crichton) #2

I moved 4 posts to an existing topic: Front door to paint

(darlic) #5

Do i go for the sikens or mironal,still not sure,whats the best way to strip this,chemical or heat gun,and the best sandpaper,filler for this project,as for brushs recomendations please,i will use oil based paint conditioner,whats the best,last but least is there any tools tips tricks that could be suggested,all help much appreciated :slight_smile: . :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(darlic) #6

On the excellent article it said to achieve a higher gloss skim the door with oil based filler,dose that mean the whole door.Please read the above as well thanks.

(Andy Crichton) #7

Hi Jason, sorry missed this question. The end results for durability will be similar XD and Miranol, AZ not quite the same lifespan. XD is sticky, Miranol is thixotropic both will give you kittens first time applying. The Miranol may seem a bit naff but will level out though of its own accord when your back is turned. Use a stiffer synthetic bristle (something like the Red Frost works) or natural bristle to push the paint around. Don’t add anything to Miranol.

To increase your chances of outside doors being dust free, be meticulous and think about wetting down the step and around the front door area,

Fill out big dings with a TX110 or similar, for super fine filling and gloss enhancement, apply 2 very skinny layers of Gras a Lacquer over all surfaces. Must be thin layers, it dries very quick, so use that to your advantage. Wet n dry is as good as anything for the sanding back.

This technique will enhance the sheen, so remember that, if using on satin paint. It wont have satin sheen.

(darlic) #8

Thanks Andy,your a star,roll on the decorating show,see you there,a painters holiday.