TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Graco Truecoat Pro II Cordless

(Fresh) #1

I have been looking at these type of machines for a while but have been put off by the fact that up to now they all have a limited life and will only spray a certain litre volume before having to be binned (!).

However they have now launched the above-mentioned model which apparently is fully serviceable as you would expect when you have spent £500-600! Seems to spray all paint types, no loss in pressure when tilting at extreme angles. Here’s the link to the full spec:

http://www.graco.com/us/en/products/contractor/truecoat-pro-ii-cordless-sprayer.html

I have a house refurb to do in New Year and was considering getting one to plough through newly plastered ceilings, bannisters and all the bespoke carpentry that will be going in.

Talk me out of it…!

Spraying primer / hand painting top coats
(RJ Taylor Decoration Ltd) #2

I don’t know the model you refer to but I have an original Graco Minimax and for me you would be better off buying, or hiring, an full size airless for a refub.
You would use more paint with an airless, that’s for sure, but it would be easier in the long run.

If you intend to spray ceilings with a cordless you would have to be constantly filling the cup, I’d guess 5 or 6 times for a standard ceiling. You don’t need to be stopping and starting spraying ceilings because you will see lapmarks where you do.

Also. these units are cumbersome in confined spaces and you will struggle to get even coverage inside bannisters and door edges. They also lack finess in applying paint evenly.

Sorry, I don’t know if I’ve talked you out of it, but in the long term these units only offer very limited options when spraying paint.