TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Hand cleaners to remove paint

(Andy Crichton) #1

Continuing the discussion from Painting tips!:

What ideas and thoughts do you have for removing paint from hands, and preventing paint getting on your skin in the first place

(pd67) #2

I just use hand wipes I think they’re Everbuild ones. They seem quite good.
I would recommend keeping a clean rag in your pocket and wiping your hands every now and again.

(Martin Guest) #3

Since my road trip to the Netherlands, when applying Isofix (shellac base) and OTEX (oil base) on Hand Painted Kitchens, I use latex gloves at all times - as the Dutch seem to… with water based paints I tend to use Big Wipes to remove paint from skin - gotta say that paint anywhere other than where I intend for it to be, is another of my OCD obsessions!!!

(5Bridge) #4

i like Beeline handklenz - good at removing all sorts of paint but yea, for a few years now i prefer painters gloves, http://www.decorating-supplies.co.uk/Halls-Beeline-Handklenz

(darlic) #5

I was given a set off painters gloves but what about disposable gloves .

(pd67) #6

Lee, is that cotton or plastic disposable gloves you use?

(5Bridge) #7

More often that not I like the shield painters gloves which are cloth, however, for oil paints or anything sticky I like disposable gloves but they have a talcum powdered dusting in the inside which stops hands from sweating , I know the cheap surgical gloves are practical but they do tear quite easily

(5Bridge) #8

Btw, the shield gloves have a coating on the palm side which is paint proof

(coys84) #9

Don’t like them disposable gloves,spend most of the day trying to fit them over my head and blow them up. :smile: