TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

How to make filler dry in damp room

(darlic) #1

I had a problem painting inside of exterior door. The filler and paint were where it was so cold, not although the heating was on took ages to dry. Can you use a heat gun or heater at a distance.

If you come up against these problems, is there quick drying filler for wood that could be recommended? I used Zinsser Permawhite, it was amazing and really covered well.

Where can you get Big Ben tray liners?
Painting underneath coving
(Andy Crichton) #2

Damp slows down drying of powder fillers. 2 pack like Upol or Russ’ Halford Special won’t be affected so much.

Heat from electric fan would be fine to heat up a porch, not blowing right on paintwork though. Calor gas heaters ive off more water.

Paint all the coving first, especially the bottom edge, (I think thats what you are referring to that hasnt been painted?) There is a mighty fine demo by Jack Pauhl about cutting in underside of cornice with a picasso. Silver Tip also a sharp cutter.

(darlic) #3

ARE QUICK CLEAN BUCKET LINERS AVAILABLE IN UK,I WILL TRY AND FIND OUT AND LET YOU ALL NO,ALSO CHECKED YOUTUBE FOR JACKPAUHI HIS DEMONSTRATIONS COME UP BUT NOTHING ON THAT EXCEPT ROLLING A CEILING SUPER FAST.Thanks andy.

(Andy Crichton) #4

I moved 3 posts to an existing topic: Painting underneath coving