TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Interior Rusted Angle Bead

(chris911) #1

Hi I have to put a vinyl matt paint on interior reveal where the angle bead is rusted. Are there any options without removing the angle bead.many thanks

(greenpainting) #2

Classideur Extreem or Bullseye 123+ before top coating to block the rust. You’re best to use the primer on the while section of wall though rather than spotting just to make sure you get a consistent top coat. That looks like a tatty corner though and likely to get knocked and damaged in future so I might suggest to the HO you fit a piece of corner trim on it to keep it tidy - corner protected and rust stains concealed.

(Andy Crichton) #3

The simplest way to seal a damp stain is to paint the wall with old fashioned alkali resisting primer sealer. If the damp source has been resolved you won’t see a stain. If it is still damp, the sealer won’t work and the stain will come through. This is a good paint property to use to your advantage.

If ARPS fails, you know to wait for the surface to dry out, or you have a clear sign of the need to address an ongoing damp problem. You can bet the house on that product, speaking from experience.

Is the skirting damp too?

(chris911) #4

Hi thanks for the info the skirtings dry and have been assured that the leak is fixed. Brewers have recommended Rustoleum Combi Primer and then 2 coats of vinyl matt on top.Cheers again

(chris911) #5

I phoned zinsser Technical advice and they said they had nothing to go on dried rust?