TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Members of "Old TP forum" - IMPORTANT!

(Andy Crichton) #1

If you are signed up as a member to the old forum, your account and posts are intact.

Your password needs to be reset though.

IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR USERNAME OR EMAIL OR CANT EVEN REMEMBER IF YOU ARE ON FACEBOOK, READ THIS. Otherwise…

• Go to top right avatar area and click LOG IN.

The following screen appears. Please put your username OR the email address you signed up with. Then click on I forgot my password.

This confirmation screen will appear, saying an email is on its way, asking you to confirm a new password when you get it.

Open the email, click the confirmation button and a couple of screens later your Password will be reset and you are in.

First thing I would do is go top right and click PREFERENCES

The profile page it generates is your space, use it wisely, as anyone who clicks on your avatar will see your profile info.

CHANGE YOUR USERNAME IF YOU SO WISH Must be changed by 30TH SEP. Your posts will be unaffected, but you will lose any references to you since the new forum started i.e. nothing will change for most members if they change their name quickly.

• A real name to an online face never went amiss, especially for business folks.

• Upload avatar

• Link to your website (As part of the Trust based approach here, a link in your profile will only go live once you have spent some time logged in, looking around and reading and posting.)

• Update your Bio, profile background pic

• You want to get an email to let you know when someone has replied to a question you posted?

In preferences, go down to the email preferences. The easiest is to tick everything and then over time you can see what you want to turn off.

You can WATCH or TRACK or MUTE any category.

Pick a daily or a weekly or 2-weekly digest.

Starting a new topic or posting a reply will auto subscribe you to receive notifications. You can easily mute any or all notifications too.

Thanks for following us over to this new discussion board, we think it is light years ahead of before, and hope you will enjoy using it and reap the benefits.

Post a reply below, if you have any questions.

(Andy Crichton) #9