TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Newbie intro

(Angus) #1

Hi All

I’m a keen DIYer currently living in Birmingham.

My current interests are finishing furniture and general home painting and decorating.

I’ve been browsing this site for several months, gaining very useful information for my current project, which is designing, building and finishing several pieces of furniture. I’m currently in the finishing stages and working on my technique to achieve the best finish I can without driving my wife bonkers;)

Look forwarding to learning with you all over here!

Cheers
Angus

(Andy Crichton) #2

Hi Angus

thanks for introducing yourself. Glad you have found the forum of use. Hopefully your wife reaps the benefits too :slight_smile:

(Angus) #3

Thanks Andy.

Where’s the best place to post my question about painting furniture? The Furniture category suggests a specific location for DIY posts that I don’t seem to be able to find?

Thanks
Angus

(Amateurhour64) #4

Hi Angus, was in the very same position as you about three odd years back.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, if you want to up your game to the very best results (as I set out to do) then this is the place to be.

Folks on here have real skills (not just man with van skills) and will share them without making you feel stupid or treading on hallowed ground or being patronising … is a rare beast.

Welcome

(Andy Crichton) #5

Sorry about that. Doing some maintenance. Place your question in the “trade furniture” section for now. http://forum.traditionalpainter.com/c/hand-painted/furniture

(darlic) #6

Welcome look forward to seeing your posts

(Angus) #7

Hi Darlic, thanks.