TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Valti Ultra

(matt) #1

Hi

I’ve been doing some research about Valti Ulta, Just wanted to know if anyone has used it,and is it a good product to use and more importantly to last .
Ive been asked to quote for a large pool house external. which consists of doors,facia soffit and rough sawn timber boards, etc My client previously had it painted , with Farrow & Ball external eggshell , to which Im not a particular fan of this material , they are open to suggestions on different materials , so anyone with some knowledge of this product, i would greatly appreciate their thoughts
many thanks

matt

(Andy Crichton) #2

Ultra was part of a discussion here

@pd67 is happy to use it in Shetland which has its challenges with the weather.

(pd67) #3

Andy’s right, the product is made by Tikkurila which us a Finnish company and their products are very well suited to our climate here in the middle of the North Sea!
Two years ago I was using Jotun Demidekk but now have switched to all things Valtti/Tikurilla.
The Ultra was good but if you can get Unica Akva it has a slightly higher sheen and is a great drop of paint.

(Dave King) #4

The Ultra Pro 30 is supposed to be their best option for this type of project, if you are spraying.