TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

A good durable interior wallpaint?

Hi Folks,
does anyone have a good suggestion for a good durable interior wall paint in white?
I have noticed that Dulux Diamond matt seems to mark very easily, even if it does wipe clean.
I have a hall stairs and landing to do in an ultra contempory designed home. The walls meet marble floors, no skirtingboards. So that is gonna take some stick. Its a large area all white. If you have any thoughts i would love to hear them.

1 Like

There isn’t much that’s more durable that Diamond. But is it worth considering eggshell rather than matt? It will give a little more durability and won’t mark as easily. Matt looks better but sometime you need to compromise.

Two other paints to look at are, Crown Clean Extreme which is a Scrubbable matt and can be mixed to most colours or Little Greene Intelligent Matt which is a very nice drop of paint.

1 Like

crown extreme used quiet a lot of it, good for them type of jobs,something I have also done and that’s use varnish over the emulsion,works very well.

Been using this and it’s very durable.

I use quite a bit of clean extreme. Coverage can be iffey. Especially with white and very boxy round cutting in etc

Looking into using Benjamin Moore paint at the mo

Crown extreme is a bit prices for what it is,don’t you think.

Cheaper than vinyl matt at my store? White is around 28.99 and colours around 40 inc vat

Much cheaper than others

Take a look at Tikkurila Optiva 5 from www.valtti.co.uk

1 Like

Evening everyone
I’ve been using Johnston’s durable matt !
I think its great & reasonable at £25+ vat
But I’ve come across a cracker Fleetwood acrylic matt £24 all in its great Adam would be a good man on this one

1 Like

Never heard of fleetwood ,but will try,thanks for the tip and keep them coming.

Fleetwood is an Irish paint company. They seem more orientated to the retail market but any I’ve used is very good quality.

1 Like

Used mathys recently that was quality

I’d second Tikurilla Optiva 5

1 Like

is this the johnstons cover matt your talking about?when you roll is it a tacky paint?

Any recomendations on a good quality 100 PERCENT acrylic emulsion?