TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Decorating a kitchen

I will be decorating a kitchen which consists of a recessed electric range cooker. The side walls are plastered and painted but the soffit is MDF and left unpainted with an integral extract fan. What would the best paint to use in this situation bearing in mind the heat that will be generated in this area. Quite clearly the paint would have to be able to withstand regular cleaning/de-greasing.
Many Thanks

Hi have you looked at crown extreme?

Hi darlic.
I have not considered Crown paint and did not know that they produced a paint for this situation. I have thought about the Zinsser range although not sure if they do a paint for this particular situation. Thanks for the info darlic and I will look at the Crown range.

Apart from naked flames, regular paint is well able to cope with heat in the home. If you think about radiators they can be too hot to touch but the paint of any persuasion will hold out fine. Same with plain emulsion on a wall behind wood burning stoves, it is not a problem for the paint.

Obviously heat can affect a substrate. If for example the wood were wet and was super dried out, it could move or split beyond what the paint could cope with, but that is the substrate failing from heat, not the paint.

1 Like

Thank you Andy. I am now re-assured and can proceed with confidence.