TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Fox Brushes

I moved a post to an existing topic: Owatrol Q&A

My order arrived today I went for the The Fox ‘Foxy 2’ Bundle so now have a good range of fox brushes to put to everyday use. They feel so much like Picasso brushes which are one of my fav brushes. I started with a fox sash and loved it hence the latest order.

Dazco, let us know how you get on with your battery of Foxes.

Certainly would be interesting to see some angled fox brushes with the same handle they currently have. Kind of got use to using angled brushes for cutting in walls!

I will let you know how I get on with my battery of foxes Andy :wink:

Gave some of my new fox brushes a run out today, used a 2.5 for cutting in and was able to do long lines as it held so much paint! infact the magnetic peg struggled to hold on to it. I used a 2 inch on some paneled doors in Bedec aqua gloss and as getting a good load of paint on it ideal for water based paints I flew through the doors, laid off well to. Very happy :slight_smile:

Always good to see what others have found. The feedback on the 2.5" in emulsion is particularly consistently very positive. :smiley:

I think Andy the only thing I thought to myself was that the handles felt a bit chunky but maybe with regular use I may not notice. I am mainly use to the beaver tail style handles on the picasso

Hi Daz, your comment about the handles is oft repeated particularly by those who have a taste for brushes with US style handles. The Fox handles are very traditional “British” but as brushes are a very personal thing, a range will hopefully develop so everyone can enjoy the fantastic bristle set, with a handle that suits their hand size and painting style. It’s a journey, but not a slow one!

I have used Fox brushes exclusively this past week, on trim, window sills and paneled doors I used a 2" and a 1.5" and found them to perform fantastic! hold plenty of paint and release a steady smooth flow. Tipping off with them was great to, I usually use corona brushes on trim etc but will have no issue using Fox brushes from here on. I used a 2.5" for cutting in walls but as I am so use to using the tip of an angled Picasso it felt clumsy and big using a square cut 2.5" Fox although I still managed clean straight cut in lines. Held a ton of paint though so was able to do arms length cuts in easily. I hope in the future to see a angled beaver tail Fox brush that I can use for cutting in especially in corners where I find the angled tip on the Picasso performs better.

1 Like

How about an interchangable handle design? Buy the head and select the handle you prefer and click it in place. Sure it could be done but would make an expensive brush I guess.

I,ve just finished painting a kitchen using a variety of Fox brushes.
After many years and an entire suitcase full of different brushes Fox Brushes are simply the best.The paint flow is superb and they wash up really well.
Well done to Mypaintbrush for getting them in along with many other superb products.

2 Likes

Its great to see so many positive reviews about the FOX range of brushes here on the Traditional Painter forum… I worked hard with the manufacturer to ensure that the FOX performs in a wide variety of paint mediums - I’m interested to read that there have been a few comments looking for more of a beavertail handle rather that the traditional Kaiser… all that I can say is that there is something in the pipeline that may address this; I’ve recently been working on a new brush that has been approved for retail by MyPaintBrush… a little different to the original FOX, but equally as efficient! (and razor sharp!).

More info will be released in due course.

2 Likes

I would be delighted if that was an angled brush as I really enjoy using those.

Just to say I got a 1.5" Fox not long ago just to try it out and was very pleased with the amount of paint it held and how well it laid off.
I did a side by side test with the Picasso it was definitely outfoxed!
The sharpness of the lines cutting in were a joy to paint.
Big thumbs up from me.

3 Likes

I’m not saying that the FOX is any better than any other brush on the market - I know that it does what I want - it performs (in my opinion).

Unfortunately, the new brush isn’t going to be an angled brush - I’ve got one “on the drawing board” at the moment, but it’s not right yet!..

Thank you for your comment pd67!

I certainly enjoy my set of fox brushes and hope to eventually be able to add a angled beaver tailed fox to that set :wink:

1 Like

All in good time dazco!