TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

How to remove flaky paint from plaster walls

Hi. I’m hoping someone could advise me on the best/easiest way to remove flaking paint from plastered walls.
I have stripped the wallpaper from our bedroom. It looks like painted walls have been papered over and I am left with a real mess underneath. At nearly 50 years old I am a novice with decorating and I’m unsure how to best tackle this mess.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi providing its dry, just get a electric sander 120 grade should do it,you want to get all the peeling paint of, and any shiny areas where glue is then use zinerser gardz.If you haven’t got dust free sanding,but you have a sander and henrey hoover,you might be able to get an adaptor for your sander,or,make one yourself thats what i did.


Thank you. I’ll give that a try :slight_smile:

If you do a search for Gardz there are plenty of examples of how it works and what preparation you need to do for best results - just as Jason explained :grinning:

1 Like