TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Practasing cuting in celinig lines?

Hi folks I am looking to practise increasing my speed on cutting in,only have one wall,to use.Was thinking marking some pencil lines,across and down,to cut against,any other idears?

Try painting straight level lines free hand by eye. To gauge how straight they are draw a line along the top of each of your painted lines with a spirit level and see the difference, if any.

I hope that makes sense?

I did a similar thing as an apprentice, with circles. An art master, who I have referred to on the website in the past, would have us try draw a circle free hand and then check for accuracy by tracing over the circle with a pair of compasses.

The less you think, the more accurate your achievable results should be.

1 Like

hi Jason if you use a podium style stepladder you can lock your arm and move your body rather than your arm this will help with stability and if you use a biger brush say a 3 or 4 inch it will sit on the wall better

2 Likes

Do you have a picture of suitable one? Was thinking of hop up steps?Any of your valuable input much appracited.

Practised today,going to stick lining paper to wall,that way I can when finished tear down and put another piece up saves waiting for paint to dry.

werner podium ladders are what i use various sizes but the neat thing about them are the interchangeable locking boxes ,that allow you to be free from holding a scuttle

1 Like