TP Home | About | Newsletter | Blogs |

Removing virosol - paint not adhering

Cleaned pine wardrobe with Virosol. Applied primer and it is bubbling in certain areas. I am guessing the virosol is still doing its job. Any experience of this or suggestions on how to retrospectively resolve?

1 Like

Never used but its always worth making sure the chemical is wiped off ,otherwise it will still be active.cheers

Have denibbed and re-cleaned with both meths and warm water. Hopefully, that will take care of it?

Virosol has its fans, it is however very strong stuff, so follow instructions to make sure you don’t over do it. Diluted correctly apparently it will last a long time too. Double winner.

1 Like

When using Virosol on woodwork I use 25/75 (Virosol/water) for kitchen units I use a 50/50 mix, stronger if very dirty.

Once you have done cleaning with it then you must give it a good rinse off with clean water and dry off, go and have a coffee and then go back and rinse off again with clean water.

As Andy said, it goes miles and is very good but its also very strong and need a double rinse.

Thanks for your input. I denibbed, washed with warm water, rinsed and then once over with meths & that appears to have done the job. Will definitely rinse better first time around next time!

What do people use as alternatives?